This page is for those who have already applied for a Re-Entry Permit at USCIS and are currently waiting to receive it at the Immigrant Visa Unit Bangkok.
If you have not yet applied for a Re-Entry Permit, you may file Form I-131, Application for Travel Document at USCIS. You should file this application well in advance of your planned trip. Filing instructions and forms are available on the Web site at www.uscis.gov.
How can I check my status?
- Check your “Application/Petition/Request Number”. If you applied for a Re-Entry Permit and completed biometrics at a designated Application Support Center (ASC), you will receive the I-797C Notice of Action with a biometrics processing stamp. You will find the number at the top-right of the notice. You can check status of I-131 application on the USCIS website.
- Find your “Application/Petition/Request Number” in the link provided at the end of this page. If you find your number on the list, that means the Immigrant Visa Unit Bangkok has received your Re-Entry Permit.
- Contact the Immigrant Visa Unit on our business Mondays and Fridays between 07:30 – 10:30 a.m.to pick up your Re-Entry Permit (please see the Embassy’s holidays/closure dates here). No appointment is necessary.
Please bring the following items:
- Your passport
- Your I-797C, Notice of Action
- Green Card, if applicable
Note: If your family will be coming to pick up the Re-Entry Permit on your behalf, they will need to bring a letter of permission from you and their valid photo ID, in addition to the above items.
- If you do not find your number in the list, please check this webpage again later. We will update the list as soon as we receive Re-Entry Permits from the USCIS.
Last updated on January 16, 2024.