Instructions and Appointment Packets
- IV Information Packet
• Packet 3 Instructions for Immigrant Visas (English (PDF 202KB) | Thai (PDF 409KB))
• Packet 4 Appointment Packet for Immigrant Visas (English (PDF 266KB) | Thai (PDF 430KB))
- K Information Packet
• Packet 3 Instructions for K Visas (English (PDF 214KB) | Thai (PDF 403KB))
• Packet 4 Appointment Packet for K Visas (English (PDF 297KB) | Thai (PDF 435KB))
Forms and Useful Links
- DS-2001 (PDF 63KB)
- Medical Examination Instructions (Updated February 2018): English (PDF 84KB) | Thai (PDF 171KB)
- Thai Police Clearance Certificate Instructions (PDF 84KB)
- Domicile Information
- Child Custody and Parental Consent Policy (PDF 276KB)
- Affidavit of Support
• Your petitioner must present evidence that neither the principal applicant nor any dependent applicants (if applicable) will become a public charge in the United States. The petitioner’s income must meet 125% of the Poverty Guidelines for immigrant visa applicants.
• IRS Tax Transcripts are available online and a tax transcript may be submitted in lieu of a tax return for the same year.
• IRS Verifications of Non-filing are available online.
Two (2) COLOR frontal view photographs for each applicant. Photographs must meet the following requirements:
- Photos must be 2 x 2 inches (50 x 50 mm)
- Color photograph
- White background
- No borders
- Applicant must face the camera directly
- Applicant’s face must cover at least 50% of the area of the photo
- Both ears must be visible
- No eyeglasses
- No earrings
- No head covering
- Photo must be recent (taken no more than six months ago)
- Print name of applicant on the back of the photo
- US Visa Service Desk: (For GSS address registration, Fiancé(e) visa fee payment and other general information)
Call: +662 105 4110 (Mon-Fri from 8:00-20:00 except holidays)
- Immigrant Visa Unit: (For case specific inquiries)Email: email@example.com
Please include your case reference number in the subject line. Please allow 2-3 business days for a response and refrain from sending multiple emails during this timeframe as it will delay our ability to provide a thorough and complete response.
IV Unit Mailing Address
Pre-interview (non-NVC cases) and post-interview documents should be sent to:
U.S. Embassy Bangkok
Consular Section, Immigrant Visa Unit
120-122 Wireless Road, Lumpini
Embassy security procedures require that all visitors receive a security inspection. You will be allowed to check one cell phone at the Embassy gate but the US Embassy and the Embassy guards are not liable for any loss or damage to your cell phone while it is checked. You will NOT be allowed to enter the U.S. Embassy for your appointment carrying any of the following items:
- Any other battery-operated or electronic devices such as computer tablets, digital diaries, pagers, cameras, audio/video cassettes, compact discs, MP3s, floppy disks, laptops, or portable music players.
- Any oversize shoulder bags or purses.
- Any oversize handbags and travel bags, large back-packs, briefcases, or suitcases. Applicants can only carry in clear bags containing papers needed for their appointment
- Any food item (there is a coffee stand with snacks available for purchase).
- Sealed envelopes or packages.
- Cigarettes / cigars / match boxes / lighters.
- Any sharp objects such as scissors, pen knives or nail files.
- Weapons or explosive materials of any kind.
The list provided above is not exhaustive. Other items may be prohibited at the discretion of security staff. Other than the one allowed cell phone, the US Embassy will not accept the storage of any of the above prohibited items. You will have to make alternate arrangements to store these items before you enter the Embassy.