How to Apply

To apply for a fiancée visa, follow the steps on the Fiancé(e) Visa Process on  The U.S. citizen fiancé(e) (the petitioner) must file a Form I-129F petition with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS). Petitions must be filed with USCIS in the United States and cannot be filed with the U.S. Embassy. Processing time is available at the USCIS website.

Tracking Your Case

Once USCIS approves the petition, it is sent to the National Visa Center (NVC). The NVC will assign a case number and send the petition to U.S. Embassy Bangkok’s Immigrant Visa (IV) unit.

You may track the progress of your case from NVC to the IV unit at Visa Status Check. The IV unit is only able to respond to inquiries once the cases have been transferred to our office. Please first determine where your case is in order to contact the appropriate office.