- How to Apply
- The Interview
- After the Interview
All immigrant visa applicants must appear in person for their respective interview at U.S. Embassy Bangkok. Applicants should review the Packet 4 checklist prior to the appointment to ensure they have all required documents (including original or certified documents not previously submitted), including passports and their appointment letter. Please review the security regulations to gain entry to the Consular Section.
- Applications incomplete at the time of the visa interview will result in a minimum 10 -15 business day delay in adjudication of the application. Administrative processing required for incomplete applications and other reviews in individual cases may require more time depending on the nature of the review. Therefore, you are strongly advised to have all required documents at the time of your visa interview.
- Because appointments are set for precise times, appointments for applicants arriving late may be cancelled and rescheduled for a later date. The IV unit strongly advises applicants to be on time for their appointment, arriving 15 minutes before their appointment time.
- If your medical examination report will not be completed by the time of your interview, please contact the IV unit at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible to reschedule your appointment.
- Please notify us immediately upon the death of the petitioner or an accompanying family member, or if you have a change of marital status, the birth or adoption of a child, or a change of address/e-mail address.
- A decision about a visa application cannot be made until an applicant formally applies and is interviewed. Therefore, applicants should NOT make any travel plans, quit their jobs, sell property, or take any other action contingent upon the issuance of an immigrant visa until the applicant has physically received his/her passport and U.S. immigrant visa.
- Petitioners and other individuals are not permitted to attend the interview. Applicants should be familiar with all of the documents they are presenting at the interview, and be able to provide the consular officer with all requested information. An exception is made for immigrant visa applicants under the age of 18 who may be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- Immigrant visa cases remain active for one year after the applicant/petitioner’s last contact date. Depending on the applicant’s visa class, an immigrant visa applicant may delay plans to immigrate to the United States, however the applicant or petitioner must keep the IV unit informed by contacting us at email@example.com at least once every 365 days. (Note that this does not apply to Diversity Visa applicants who are subject to the September 30 deadline.)