Veterans Affairs

Service members, Veterans, and their beneficiaries can apply for benefits services on the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) website at  The Federal Benefits Unit (FBU) can also be of assistance if Veterans and beneficiaries have questions about benefits and services.

U.S. Citizen Services at the U.S. Embassy in Bangkok can provide limited assistance with Veterans Affairs issues, including:

  1. Certifying supporting documents for submission with benefits applications
  2. Assisting with Direct Deposit sign up
  3. Reporting missing benefit payments
  4. Assisting with finding physicians for the Request for Physical Examination (VA Form 21-2507)
  5. Reporting the death of a Veteran or beneficiary

The Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA) processes survivor claims, educational benefits, compensation and pension examinations, etc.

For more information: