Effective October 1, 2017, all inquiries or questions regarding services provided by the Social Security Administration (SSA) have been centralized to SSA Federal Benefits Unit (FBU).
If you are living in Thailand, you MUST contact the SSA Federal Benefits Unit (FBU) located in U.S. Embassy in Manila, Philippines directly.
The SSA Federal Benefits Unit (FBU) at the U.S. Embassy in Manila, Philippines is the regional office for East-Asia Pacific countries.
EAP Regional SSA Contact information:
Social Security Administration
U.S. Embassy Manila
1201 Roxas Boulevard, Ermita
Manila, Philippines 0930
Tel: (+ 63 2) 301-2000 ext. 9
Fax: (+ 63 2)708-9723/ (+63 2)708-9714
Apply for Benefits Online
You can apply for the following benefits online:
- Retirement at https://www.ssa.gov/benefits/retirement/
- Disability at http://www.socialsecurity.gov/applyfordisability
- Medicare Only at https://www.ssa.gov/benefits/medicare/
At this time, no other online services are available outside the United States.
The online hours of operation are:
- Weekdays 5:00 AM – 1:00 AM Eastern Standard Time (EST)
- Saturday 5:00 AM – 11:00 PM EST
- Sunday 8:00 AM – 11:30 PM EST
- Holidays 5:00 AM – 1:00 AM EST
To submit a Social Security application while you are abroad, please visit SSA’s webpage Service Around the World or visit www.ssa.gov for more Social Security information.
Form SSA-7161-OCR-SM or Form SSA-7162-OCR-SM (Report to the United States Social Security Administration)
These forms are sent from Wilkes-Barre, PA and must be completed regularly by all beneficiaries or their representative payees.
- Beneficiaries with addresses in Australia, Hong Kong, Japan, New Zealand, or APO/FPO/DPO receive the form every two years.
- Beneficiaries in countries not mentioned above, and all beneficiaries who have a representative payee, receive the form every year.
The form is mailed after May 15th and a follow-up letter is mailed after September 15th. If the completed form is not received in Wilkes-Barre, PA by the end of the year, benefits are suspended beginning with the February payment of the following year.
To avoid the suspension of your benefits, complete the form as soon as you receive it, and mail it back to Wilkes-Barre, PA using the enclosed business reply envelope. Do not submit the completed form to the Federal Benefits Unit in Manila or to a U.S. Embassy/Consulate.
IMPORTANT: If you do not receive the form by NOVEMBER, contact SSA Federal Benefits Unit (FBU) in U.S. Embassy in Manila right away.
Social Security Administration – Federal Benefits Unit
Embassy of the United States of America | Manila, Philippines
Tel: (+ 63 2) 301-2000 ext. 9 | Tel from Australia: 1- 800-750-030