Embassy security procedures require that all visitors receive a security inspection. You will be allowed to check one cell phone at the Embassy gate but the US Embassy and local guards are not liable for any loss or damage to your cell phone while it is checked. You will NOT be allowed to enter the U.S. Embassy for your appointment carrying any of the following items:
- Any other battery-operated or electronic devices such as computer tablets, digital diaries, pagers, cameras, audio/video cassettes, compact discs, MP3s, floppy disks, laptops, or portable music players.
- Any oversize shoulder bags or purses.
- Any oversize handbags and travel bags, large back-packs, briefcases, or suitcases. Applicants can only carry in clear bags containing papers needed for their appointment
- Any food item (a coffee stand with snacks is available).
- Sealed envelopes or packages.
- Cigarettes / cigars / match boxes / lighters.
- Any sharp objects such as scissors, pen knives or nail files.
- Weapons or explosive materials of any kind.
The list provided above is not exhaustive. Other items may be prohibited at the discretion of security staff. Other than the one allowed cell phone, the US Embassy will not accept the storage of any of the above prohibited items. You will have to make alternate arrangements to store these items before you enter the Embassy.
Tips to make your visit easier and more productive:
- Please have all necessary forms/documentation completed and ready to present to an Embassy official.
- Bring a printed copy of your appointment confirmation page.
- Have your Passport and/or government-issued ID ready and easily accessible.
- Bring no more than one small electronic device, such as a cell phone or MP3 player – do not bring laptops or photographic equipment –and have the device out and ready to present to the security guard before you enter the screening area.
- Check in at Window 2 and give our staff a copy of your appointment confirmation printout upon arrival in our waiting room.
- Feel free to use the telephone by the guard booth. Dial x4000 to reach an English-speaking Embassy employee if you have any questions.”
- If you choose to bike to the Embassy, please note that due to security regulations you will not be able to park your bike near the Embassy entrance along Wireless Road. You may be able to find another location to lock your bike at another building in the vicinity.