U.S. citizens residing or traveling abroad who require a U.S. passport are issued the latest state-of-the-art passports that incorporate photo-digitized images and other enhanced security features. These passports are produced at a domestic U.S. passport facility. U.S. citizens are encouraged to apply early for renewal of expiring passports.

Reminder for Dual National U.S. Citizens: U.S. law requires all U.S. citizens, including dual-national citizens, to enter the United States using their U.S. passport. We urge all U.S. citizens to keep their U.S. passports current.

First Time passport
Name usage: The name on the form DS-11 should be the name recorded on your citizenship evidence such as Naturalization Certificate, U.S. birth certificate, U.S. Consular Report of Birth Abroad Certificate. Should you wish to document your name differently, an official name change document such as Court order of Name change, or Name change certificate must be provided to reflect the change.

Please note:

  • There are NO “expediting services” overseas.
  • Extra pages cannot be added in U.S. passports, you must renew your passport if it is full.
  • As of April 10, 2023, the Embassy/Consulate will no longer issue passport linkage letters with newly issued passports. If a Thai government office requests one, your cancelled passport and your newly issued passport will suffice. You may download this letter (PDF 70KB) in Thai and English that explains the change in Embassy policy.

Carefully review the above categories for specific details and information regarding your passport renewal options.

Still have questions?  Click here