One parent cannot attend

An absenting parent complete Form DS-3053 “Statement of Consent , then

  • Sign and date Form DS-3053 in the presence of a certified notary public, or by appointment at the U.S. Embassy (free-of-charge), or by a Thai notary public., and
  • Submit a photocopy of passport or the front and back side of the ID that they present to the notary public with Form DS-3053.

Please Note: Written authorization from the parent that cannot appear in person must be less than three months old.