Certification of True Copies of Documents

We often get requests to certify true copies of educational transcripts or diplomas, bank statements, court documents, or other such official records. Unfortunately, our offices cannot ordinarily provide certified true copies of documents. Such requests should usually be addressed to the office which issued the document in question. For example, certified true copies of academic records should be requested from the registrar of the institution that originally issued them. For more information, please consult the Department of State Travel site.

American Citizen Service Units in Bangkok and Chiang Mai can notarize a sworn affidavit which may or may not satisfy the Thai requirement for U.S. Embassy “certification.”  Please confirm with the end recipient in advance.