Dear American Citizens,
The American Citizen Services sections of Embassy Bangkok and Consulate General Chiang Mai are pleased to inform you of our upcoming Consular Outreach events at the below locations and on the following dates:
Specific times and locations are released 10-14 days prior to each Outreach event through the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). STEP is a free service of the U.S. Department of State Bureau of Consular Affairs which allows U.S. citizens traveling and living abroad to receive important information by enrolling with their nearest Embassy or Consulate. If you would like to receive specific dates and times of our Outreach Events, please register for STEP at https://step.state.gov/step/.
The following Consular services will be available:
NO APPOINTMENT NEEDED. Services are rendered on a first-come, first-serve basis.
NOTE: Applications for Consular Reports of Birth Abroad (CRBA) and Authentications of Signature CANNOT be accepted during Consular Outreach events.
Please be advised the U.S. embassy will no longer accept cash (U.S. Dollars and Thai Baht) at Outreach Events for American Citizen Services. This is a worldwide policy, and no exceptions can be considered, please see the No Cash Announcement.
All payments at U.S. Embassy Outreach events must be made in the form of a BANK DRAFT (PDF 345KB).
All bank drafts (PDF 345KB) must be:
- Purchased from Bangkok Bank, Kasikorn Bank, or Siam Commercial Bank(SCB). (There is no need to have an account at the bank to purchase a bank draft) (Kasikorn Bank calls a “Bank Draft” a “Bill of Exchange”) (Drafts from any other bank cannot be accepted)
- Made out to “American Embassy Bangkok.” (No variations, errors, or typos are permitted. Do not write on or make any markings on the bank draft.)
- In the correct amount of Thai Baht (THB) at the current Official Exchange Rate. (See “Announcement” on the Service Fees webpage)
- Issued within the two-weeks prior to the event. You can show this to the bank:
และระบุสั่งจ่ายถึง “American Embassy Bangkok”
Exact fees and exchange rates will be included in individual outreach announcements and posted on our website ten to fourteen days prior to the event.
Delivery Service: Thai Post can mail back passports for applicants. If you require this service, you must purchase and submit a separate 100 THB bank draft. DO NOT include the cost of the envelope in your total bank draft for services.
- Cashiers’ checks, personal checks, cash, credit or any other form of payment will not be accepted.
- The Bank Draft requirement only applies to Consular Outreach Events and Mail-in Passport applications. Services rendered during normal business hours onsite at U.S. Embassy Bangkok and Consulate General Chiang Mai can be paid for by credit card or cash (THB or USD) exclusively.
We look forward to seeing you during our outreach visits.