Dear American Citizens,
The American Citizen Services sections of Embassy Bangkok and Consulate Chiang Mai are pleased to inform you of upcoming Consular Outreach visits to several locations across Thailand on the following dates:
- UDON THANI: 7 March 2018
- PHUKET: 14 March 2018
- PATTAYA: June 2018
- KHON KAEN: July 2018
- PHUKET: July 2018
- UDON THANI: November 2018
- PHUKET: November 2018
No appointment is necessary. To receive updates of specific times and locations of any of our upcoming outreaches, which will be released two weeks to 10 days before the event, please register with the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) (https://step.state.gov/step/). STEP is a free service of the U.S. Department of State Bureau of Consular Affairs that allows U.S. citizens traveling and living abroad to enroll with the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate in order to receive important information.
The following consular services will be available:
- Passport renewal applications
- Notarial services
- Embassy registration and/or address change for on-line information
NOTE: Applications for Consular Reports of Birth Abroad cannot be accepted during consular outreach trips.
Please be advised the U.S. embassy will no longer accept cash (U.S. Dollars and Thai Baht) at Outreach Events for American Citizen Services. This is a worldwide policy, and no exceptions can be considered, please see the No Cash Announcement.
All payments at U.S. Embassy Outreach Events must be made in the form of a BANK DRAFT.
All Bank Drafts must be:
- Purchased from Bangkok Bank, Kasikorn Bank, or Siam Commercial Bank (SCB).
- You do not need an account at the bank to purchase a bank draft.
- Kasikorn Bank calls a “bank draft” a “Bill of Exchange.”
- Purchased in advance.
- Made out to “American Embassy Bangkok”
- In the exact amount of Thai Baht (THB) for your total service.
- At the official embassy exchange rate at the time of the outreach.
- Fees and exchange rates will be included in individual outreach announcements and posted on our website.
- Submitted at the time of service.
- You can show this to the bank:
“American Embassy Bangkok”
Exact fees and exchange rates will be included in individual outreach announcements and posted on our website ten to fourteen days prior to the event.
Delivery Service: Thai Post can mail back passports for applicants. If you require this service, you must purchase and submit a separate 100 THB bank draft. Do not include the cost of the envelope in your total bank draft for services.
- Cashiers’ checks, personal checks, cash, credit or any other form of payment will not be accepted.
- Bank Draft requirement only applies to Consular Outreach Events. Services rendered during normal business hours at the U.S. Embassy in Bangkok or the Consulate in Chiang Mai will continue to accept payments made by credit card or cash (THB or USD) exclusively.
Please see: https://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/ for more information.
Send questions about total costs to email@example.com or call 02-205-4049.
Follow us on Twitter by searching our username @ACSBKK
We look forward to seeing you during our outreach visits.