Make an Appointment
Appointments are REQUIRED for all non-emergency services and are only made via the website, not by email. Please review the information below, and note that if no appointments are available online, it means we have no appointments available. New appointments are opened periodically and you will need to check the website for availability. Instructions to request appointments can be found at the bottom of the page:
- U.S. Passport services: All DS-82 adult passport renewal applications must be mailed to the U.S. Embassy in Bangkok. There are no appointments available to renew adult passports at U.S. Consulate General Chiang Mai. Customers who appear at U.S. Consulate General Chiang Mai requesting adult passport renewal (Form DS-82) will be required to mail their passport application to U.S. Embassy Bangkok. In-person appointments are available for individuals who are required to submit a DS-11 passport application (minor applicants, first-time adult, first application after a lost/stolen passport).
- Notary services
- Report the Overseas Birth of a U.S. Citizen Child (CRBA)
- Other Emergency Services are provided as needed, on a case-by-case basis.
- U.S. Visas (We cannot assist with or provide information on visas to the United States)
- Social Security (We cannot assist with Social Security inquiries, please contact the Federal Benefits Unit in Manila Philippines)
Appointments cannot be made via phone.
Day of Appointment Instructions:
If you are experiencing flu-like symptoms or believe you may have been exposed to COVID-19, reschedule your appointment online by at least 14 days.
- Ensure you are compliant with the Security Procedures when visiting the U.S. Embassy here.
- Bring a printed copy of your appointment confirmation page. (Your check-in time will increase if you do not bring a printed appointment confirmation page)
- Have your Passport and/or government-issued ID ready and easily accessible.
- Ensure you bring the correct method of payment and fee for services rendered
- Ensure you have all necessary forms/documents completed and ready to present at check-in
- After passing through security, check-in at the ACS section with your appointment confirmation page and completed documents (Your check-in time will increase if you have incomplete forms/documents)
If you arrive more than 15 minutes before or after your appointment you may not be permitted to enter.
If you have read and fully understand all of the above information, you may make an appointment:
Make an appointment:
- Bangkok Appointments:
- Chiang Mai Appointments:
- Additional services:
- Adult Passport Renewal by mail
- Consular Reports of Birth Abroad (CRBA): All appointments for CRBAs in Thailand will be made only after receiving the application by mail to provide better service to our citizens. The system reduces appointment wait time and helps families fully prepare for their citizenship appointment at the Embassy and Consulate General. Please review the CRBA website first to make sure you have all of the necessary documentation collected and submitted for review.
- Thai Visa Extension Letter Questions: The U.S. Embassy and Consulate General Chiang Mai are unable to provide letters of support for Thai visa extensions and generally do not get involved in Thai visa or immigration situations on behalf of U.S. citizens. Please note that the Royal Thai government is under no obligation to extend short-term visas and all adjustments to visas or immigration status are under their jurisdiction. If your request to extend a visa is denied or you do not wish to change to an appropriate long-term visa category, you should begin making plans to depart Thailand as soon as possible.
Still have questions? Click here