Make an Appointment

The U.S. State Department appointment system reduces wait time which enhances service, security, and ensures the U.S. Embassy complies with building capacity regulations. 

Please note: Only the individual(s) receiving service(s) and/or signing document(s) should schedule an appointment and appear. U.S. Embassy, Bangkok and Consulate General, Chiang Mai do not have sufficient waiting areas to accommodate guests (minor children are welcome to accompany their guardian if necessary).

Appointments are REQUIRED for all non-emergency services:

“Consulate General Chiang Mai will only process Consular Reports of Birth Abroad (CRBA)
for residents of the following provinces in northern Thailand: Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai,
Kamphaeng Phet, Lampang, Lamphun, Mae Hong Son, Nan, Phayao, Phetchabun, Phichit,
Phitsanulok, Phrae, Sukhothai, Tak and Uttaradit. Births in all other provinces must apply at
Embassy Bangkok.”

Unavailable services:

  • U.S. Visas (We cannot assist with or provide information on visas to the United States)
  • Social Security (We cannot assist with Social Security inquiries, please contact the Federal Benefits Unit in Manila Philippines)

Appointments cannot be made via phone.

Emergency Services are provided on a needed, case-by-case basis.

Day of Appointment Instructions:

  • Ensure you are in compliance with the below listed “Security Regulations”
  • Bring a printed copy of your appointment confirmation page. (Your check-in time will increase if you do not bring a printed appointment confirmation page)
  • Have your Passport and/or government-issued ID ready and easily accessible.
  • Ensure you bring the correct method of payment and fee for services rendered
  • Ensure you have all necessary forms/documents completed and ready to present at check-in
  • After passing through security, check-in at the ACS section with your appointment confirmation page and completed documents (Your check-in time will increase if you have incomplete forms/documents)

If you arrive more than 15 minutes before or after your appointment you may not be permitted to enter.

U.S. Embassy security procedures require inspection of all visitors entering U.S. Embassy facilities. Visitors should carry papers needed for appointments in a small clear plastic bag. Visitors will be allowed to store one cell phone upon entry at the U.S. Embassy gate. U.S. Embassy personnel and local guards are not liable for any lost or damaged cell phones in storage. Stored cell phones will be returned to visitors upon exiting U.S. Embassy facilities. The following items are prohibited and will NOT be stored for visitors:

  • Battery-operated or electronic devices, including: computer tablets, digital diaries, pagers, cameras, audio/video cassettes, compact discs, MP3s, floppy disks, laptops, or portable music players.
  • Backpacks, briefcases, suitcases, or any oversize handbags / travel bags (only small purses and wallets will be allowed).
  • Food items (a coffee and snack stand is available inside the U.S. Embassy facility).
  • Sealed envelopes or packages.
  • Cigarettes / cigars / match boxes / lighters.
  • Sharp objects such as scissors, pen knives, or nail files.
  • Weapons, restraints, or explosive materials of any kind.

The list provided above is not exhaustive. Other items may be prohibited at the discretion of security staff. The U.S. Embassy will not store of any of the above prohibited items (with the exception of one cell phone). Visitors are responsible to make alternate arrangements to store prohibited items before entering U.S. Embassy facility.

If you have read and fully understand all the above information, you may make an appointment:

Make an appointment:

Optional service:

Still have questions? Click here