Official Logo Contest Rules
“The 190th Anniversary of U.S.-Thai Diplomatic Relations” Logo Contest
“The 190th Anniversary of U.S.-Thai Diplomatic Relations” Logo Contest is sponsored by Thailand’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the U.S. Mission in Thailand (the “Contest Sponsors”).
Description of Contest Objectives
Contestants will submit through Google form a logo celebrating the 190th anniversary of the U.S.-Thai diplomatic relationship with a short (150 words or less) description in English or in Thai. The winning logos may be featured in the Thailand’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs’ and U.S. Mission Thailand’s programs and social media. (See the “Eligibility” section below to find out who is eligible to be a contestant.)
The contest will be announced and promoted on various social media platforms including, Thailand’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs, U.S. Embassy Bangkok, and U.S. Consulate General Chiang Mai Facebook pages and websites, but contest entry and administration will take place through Google form only. Contest winners may be announced on the U.S. Embassy Bangkok and U.S. Consulate General Chiang Mai Facebook page; however, Facebook and Google are not the partners or sponsors of the contest. Contestants are reminded that by participating in the contest and uploading content to the Google form, they are bound by Google form’s Terms of Service and any agreement with Google form contained therein.
How to Enter
- Interested participants can submit only one (1) artwork at this page: https://forms.gle/h6y1eGaycTMBALP89 with a short (150 words or less) description in English or in Thai.
- Once an artwork is submitted via Google form, it is considered a final submission and may not be modified, edited, or replaced.
- By entering this contest, you agree that the logo you submit may be used on Contest Sponsors’ websites, social media sites, events, and publications for non-commercial purposes.
- Participation in this contest is deemed as acceptance of these Official Contest Rules.
- A submission must be original content created and owned by the contestant. Artwork must be submitted digitally.
- Entries may be submitted between Monday, November 14, 2022 and Saturday, December 31, 2022 in Bangkok Time zone. The announcement of the winners may be posted on the U.S. Embassy Bangkok Facebook page no later than Tuesday, January 31, 2023
- Along with the photo, contestants must provide the following information: (i) full name, (ii) preferred e-mail address and phone number, (iii) postal address, (iv) country of citizenship, (v) date of birth, (vi) your organization or academic institution, and (vii) confirmation that you are between 15 – 35 years old on the date of entry.
- Submissions must not contain obscenity, explicit sexual material, nudity, profanity, graphic violence, calls or incitement to violence, commercial solicitation, or commercial promotion. Submissions must conform to local law and must not contain content or images that could be considered abusive, inflammatory, denigrating, or disrespectful to any of Contest Sponsors, or to any groups, individuals, or institutions. Submissions must adhere both in appearance and in fact to the norms of civil discourse. In other words, the content of all submissions must be suitable for a global, public audience.
- Submissions must be original content created by the contestant and must not contain any elements that are protected by someone else’s copyright or otherwise subject to third party intellectual property or proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights. The Contest Sponsors recognize no allowance for “fair use” of copyrighted material, nor do Contest Sponsors recognize allowance for use of licensed materials created or owned by a third party.
- Contest Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify, at their sole and absolute discretion, any submission that does not adhere to these criteria and to the intent and substance of these Official Contest Rules.
- In the event of any question or difference of views regarding compliance with, interpretation, or application of these content requirements or other provisions of these Official Contest Rules, Contest Sponsors reserve the exclusive right to resolve such questions or differences of views in their sole discretion.
Technical Format Requirements
- Artwork submissions must be in JPG or PNG file format, 2 megabytes (MB) or smaller, but artwork must have a minimum resolution of 300 dots per inch (DPI). Submissions should not have any visible watermarks, signatures, or personally identifiable information.
- The logo must contain the following phrase: “190 Years of U.S.-Thai Diplomacy.” The contestant must provide artwork description that does not exceed 150 words in English or in Thai.
- For quality reproduction purposes, the winning entry must later be submitted in scalable vector graphic format (EPS or AI). Color must be CMYK, though the logo may also be produced in black and white. Contestants are advised to avoid gradients and half-tones.
- The logo must be easy to use, handle, resize, and manipulate for all reproduction purposes. It should be visually appealing on both small (as small as 2 cm x 2 cm) and large scales.
- Contestants must be between 15 – 35 years old on the date of entry into the contest and hold a Thai citizenship. Contestants must not be U.S. citizens.
- The individual submitting the entry will be considered the contestant and will be the only individual eligible to compete for the prize. Organizations are not eligible to compete for the prize, either as an entity or through representation by an individual. In order to be eligible for the prize, the contestant must provide complete and accurate information.
- The following individuals are not eligible to participate in the contest: Employees, interns, directors, and officers of Contest Sponsors, and of Google, Facebook, or any employees, interns, directors, or officers of any agencies, companies or entities involved in the administration, advertising, judging, creation, development, execution, and/or fulfillment of this contest, and the immediate family members (defined as spouse, recognized partner, parent, child, sibling, and spouse or “step” of each) and those living in the same household of each such individual.
- Once a submission has been accepted for entry into the contest, the contestant’s name (or User ID, if the contestant wishes to remain anonymous) and country may be publicly identified at the sole discretion of the contestant.
Selection of Winners
- All submissions are subject to pre-screening by Contest Sponsors to ensure compliance with these Official Contest Rules. Any artworks out of compliance will not be considered. The Contest Sponsors reserve the right in their sole and absolute discretion to verify in the final analysis whether a potential finalist or potential winning design submission has fully complied with these Official Contest Rules before posting to the contest site, awarding prize, recognizing a winner, etc.
- Judges: The judges are representatives from Thailand’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the U.S. Mission Thailand.
- Judging Criteria: Each artwork will be viewed and scored by the judges using the following criteria: Relevance, Creativity, Cultural Significance, and Visual Quality (aesthetics, composition, and picture quality).
- Winners: There will be five (5) prizes of this contest – Winner, 1st Runner-up, 2nd Runner-up, and two (2) Consolation Prizes. Each winner will be required to sign and return to Contest Sponsors a statement of eligibility and liability/publicity release, and provide a short bio (where applicable), and a brief statement about the submission; otherwise, the winner and/or finalist will be ineligible for any prize. Winners may choose to use an alias instead of their real name and may request other identifying information be kept private.
- Winners will be contacted via email at the email address they provided for registration. The inability of Contest Sponsors to contact a potential winner may result in disqualification and/or selection of an alternate winner from among all remaining eligible submissions.
- Winner Prize – THB 30,000.00
- 1st Runner-up – THB 10,000.00
- 2nd Runner-up – THB 5,000.00
- Consolation Prizes – THB 2,000.00
- Winning logos may be displayed on the Contest Sponsors’ websites, social media properties and programs.
- Winners have to confirm the acceptance of the prize in an email reply within three calendar days. If the acceptance is not confirmed by the required date, Contest Sponsors reserve the right to select an alternate winner. Each winner must provide a valid physical mailing address where a prize, if any, is to be shipped. Contest Sponsors are not responsible for any problems related to the shipping of any prize, including, but not limited to, theft, delay, damage, or destruction/accidental loss by the shipping carrier.
- Any unused portion of the prize is not transferable, convertible, or exchangeable. All taxes on or in connection with any prize, and the reporting consequences thereof, are the sole and exclusive responsibility of the winners.
Liability and Rights
- Contest Sponsors do not endorse any submissions or messages expressed therein, and expressly disclaim any and all liability in connection with the submitted logos including disputes between collaborators related to a submission.
- The contest and the Contest Sponsors do not permit copyright infringing activities or infringement of any other intellectual property rights, and Contest Sponsors reserve the right to remove and disqualify any submission they deem to be in violation of another party’s copyright or other intellectual property rights.
- All submissions become the sole property of Contest Sponsors and may be used for any purposes, including, but not limited to, display on websites, business cards, letterhead, posters, and other materials. By submitting an entry, each contestant agrees that any and all intellectual property rights in the logo design are deemed assigned to the Contest Sponsors.
- Contest Sponsors reserve the right to choose not to use the winning entry as described in these contest guidelines and reserves the right to adapt, edit, modify, or otherwise use the winning submission in part or in its entirety in whatever manner it deems appropriate.
- Contest Sponsors reserve the right at any time to verify the validity of entries and of contestants and to disqualify any contestant or entry deemed not in compliance with these Official Contest Rules. The Contest Sponsors also reserve the right to request further documentation, at their sole and absolute discretion, to verify eligibility and compliance with these Official Contest Rules.
- If a prize or any portion thereof is unavailable, Contest Sponsors, in their sole discretion, reserve the right to substitute the prize with another prize of equal or greater value and/or specification.
- Contest Sponsors reserve the right to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the contest at their discretion for any reason.
- Contestants agree to indemnify and hold harmless Contest Sponsors, their parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, officers, directors, employees, interns, and agents, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debts, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees) arising from (i) violation of these Official Contest Rules; (ii) violation of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, trademark, intellectual property, privacy, publicity, or other proprietary right in connection with the contest; or (iii) any claim that a contest submission caused any harm, including financial, to any third party. These indemnification and hold harmless obligations will survive indefinitely beyond the conclusion of the contest.
- The conduct, judging, and awarding of prizes will be carried out in full compliance with applicable U.S. law and Thai law. In the event of a conflict between U.S. law and Thai law, U.S. law shall apply.
- Contest Sponsors will take reasonable measures to protect privacy data, personally identifiable information, and other sensitive data of contestants. Contact information provided by contestants may be stored by the U.S. Embassy Bangkok and may be used to contact contestants for other purposes in the future. This information may be shared with the co-sponsor of the contest and/or made available to third parties to the extent permitted by law.
- Contest Sponsors assume no liability or responsibility for any loss or harm resulting from any user’s participation in or attempt to participate in the contest or ability or inability to upload, download, or otherwise access any information in connection with participating in the contest. The Contest Sponsors assume no responsibility or liability for technical problems, or technical malfunctions arising in connection with the operation of the contest, including: hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or Internet connectivity, or other online communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts or providers; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any email transmissions to be sent or received; lost, late, delayed or intercepted email transmissions; inaccessibility of the contest site in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet or the contest site; unauthorized human or non-human intervention in the operation of the contest, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, worms; or destruction of any aspect of the contest, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of an email account used in connection with the contest.
- Use of contest site is at user’s own risk. Contest Sponsors are not responsible for any personal injury, property damage, or losses of any kind which may be sustained to computer equipment resulting from participation in the contest, use of the contest site or the downloading of information from the contest site. By participating in the contest, the contestant releases Contest Sponsors from any and all claims arising from or relating to such contestant’s participation in the contest, whether directly or indirectly.
- Contest Sponsors are not liable in the event that any portion of the contest is cancelled or delayed due to weather, fire, strike, acts of war or terrorism, or any other reason.