U.S. Consulate General Chiang Mai, Thailand
Health Alert: Dengue
Event: Dengue is endemic throughout Southeast Asia, including Thailand, and is a leading cause of febrile illness among travelers. The risk of dengue in Thailand is present nationally and year-round. Peak transmission occurs during warmer and wetter months, usually from May to October. The U.S. Consulate General in Chiang Mai has decided to limit outdoor evening events on the consulate compound during the remainder of the rainy season due to several confirmed cases of dengue among individuals who live or work at the consulate compound or the immediate vicinity. This decision is intended to lessen the risk of exposure to mosquito-borne illness for both employees and guests.
Actions to Take:
- Travelers to Thailand should take measures to protect themselves from mosquito bites to prevent dengue. Visit the CDC’s website for health information on Dengue, symptoms of Dengue, and on Thailand.
- See a healthcare provider if you develop a fever or have symptoms of dengue. Tell him or her about your travel.
- U.S. Consulate General Chiang Mai
387 Wichayanond Rd., T. Chang Moi, A. Muang, Chiang Mai 50300 Thailand
- State Department – – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Thailand Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter