Announcement for 2024-2025 Global Undergraduate Exchange Program (Global UGRAD)
Global UGRAD Program
The Global Undergraduate Exchange Program (Global UGRAD) provides a diverse group of emerging student leaders with a scholarship for one semester of non-degree academic study at a U.S. college or university. Global UGRAD is a program of the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the United States Department of State and aims to recruit participants from underrepresented backgrounds who have not had other opportunities to study in the United States. Successful applicants can expect an in-depth exposure to U.S. society, culture, and academic institutions, as well as opportunities to enhance their professional skills.
All participants will be enrolled for one semester in full-time, non-degree, undergraduate coursework chosen from their host institution’s existing curriculum. Participants will be required to take one, 3-credit U.S. studies course to enhance their understanding of the United States. Participants will live in campus housing facilities with American peers and will be required to participate in 20 hours of community service. There will also be a virtual arrival orientation and an in-person end-of-program workshop.
- Applicants must be a Thai citizen for the Global UGRAD Program.
- Applicants must be studying in Thailand.
- Scholarships will be granted to students who currently are enrolled in full-time undergraduate programs only, having completed a minimum of one semester of study by January 2024.
- Participants must have at least one year remaining in their undergraduate studies at their home institutions upon completion of the Global UGRAD Program.
- Applicants should demonstrate leadership potential through academic work, community involvement, and extracurricular activities.
- Applicants must achieve a minimum TOEFL score of 48iBT to be considered. Students who score between 48-60 will be considered for the virtual English Language Training prior to the exchange portion of the program. Students must achieve a minimum score of 61 to be eligible to participate in the exchange portion of the program in the United States.
- Preference will be given to those who have had little or NO experience in the United States or outside of their home countries.
- Applicants are required to return directly to Thailand after the completion of the program.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
Application and Program Timeline:
Undergraduate students from all fields of study are encouraged to apply. Applications will be accepted from November 1, 2023 to December 15, 2023 for the 2024-2025 academic year. Application can be found at https://webportalapp.com/sp/ugrad_student_application_2024. Participants will be placed at a U.S. university in either the fall 2024 semester (August – December 2024) or spring 2025 semester (January to May 2025).
Application Deadline: December 15, 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. The interviews will take place on January 2024 at the U.S. Embassy Bangkok. We will notify finalist of their acceptance into the program by April 2024.
For questions, please send an email to HoontrakoonA@fan.gov with “Global UGRAD Inquiry 2024-2025”.