The 38th iteration of the annual theater security cooperation event Exercise Cobra Gold 2019 is taking place February 12 to February 23, 2019 at various locations throughout the Kingdom of Thailand.
Cobra Gold is one of the largest theater security cooperation exercises in the Indo-Pacific and is an integral part of the U.S. commitment to strengthen engagement in the region.
Exercise Cobra Gold will improve the capabilities of participating nations to plan and conduct combined and joint operations; build relationships among participating nations across the region; and improve interoperability over a range of activities, including enhancing maritime security, preventing and mitigating emerging disease threats, and responding to large-scale natural disasters.
This year’s exercise will consist of three primary events: a staff exercise, humanitarian civic assistance projects, and a field training exercise that includes a variety of training events to enhance interoperability and strengthen regional relationships. There will be up to 29 nations either directly participating in or observing CG19, with approximately 4500 U.S. personnel directly participating both ashore and afloat.
Media are invited to attend the following events:
- Arrival, Unloading and Staging of Exercise Military Equipment: Thursday, February 7, 2019 at 8 a.m. – Chuk Samet Port, Sattahip District, Chonburi Province.
- Cobra Gold Opening Ceremony: Tuesday, February 12, 2019 at 10 a.m. – Camp Akatotsarot Muang District, Phitsanulok Province.
- Amphibious Assault Demonstration: Saturday, February 16, 2019 at 10 a.m. – Hat Yao Beach, Sattahip District, Chonburi Province.
- Non-combatant Evacuation Operation (NEO): Sunday, February 17, 2019 at 12 p.m. – Wing 46 Air Force Base, Muang District, Phitsanulok Province.
- Disaster Relief Exercise: Thursday, February 20, 2019 at 9:40 a.m. – Disaster Mitigation Center, Armed Forces Development Command, Phanom Sarakham District, Chachoengsao Province.
- Humanitarian Civic Action Project Dedication Ceremony: Thursday, February 21, 2019 at 3 p.m. – Wat Chom Thong School, Muang District, Phitsanulok Province.
- Combined Arms Live Fire Exercise (CALFEX) / Closing Ceremony: Friday, February 22, 2019 at 10 a.m. – Third Army Area Training Field, Ban Dan Lan Hoi District, Sukhothai Province.
Media interested in attending any of these events must RSVP no later than three days prior by sending an email to Pattaro@state.gov.
For more information, photos and stories about Cobra Gold, including past iterations, please visit the Cobra Gold public web page: www.dvidshub.net/feature/CobraGold or the official Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/USARPAC/posts/1873337936051037