Overseas Seasonal Hire Program (OSHP)
Vacancy Announcement/ General Announcement
Application Deadline: Interested applicants must complete (1) OSHP Application Form and (2) Application for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff or Family Member (Form DS-174) and submit them to Human Resources on or before 02/12/2021.
Employment Dates: The tentative dates of the OSHP will be June 21, 2021 and end on August 13, 2021. To be eligible for consideration in the program, applicants must be available to work the entire four consecutive weeks. This year, there may be part-time and alternate workday schedules. We understand that some of the Bangkok international schools will start before August 13. If this impacts you, please apply for Session I. Students must have a security clearance to begin work.
Session I: June 21-July 16, 2021 Session II: July 19 -Aug 13, 2021
Eligibility: To be eligible to participate in the OSHP, applicants must meet ALL of the following requirements:
- Applicant must either:
- Meet the definition of EFM child, as set forth in 3 FAM 7120 (under 21 years of age and unmarried); or
- Be a child undertaking the travel for which a S. government employee is authorized to receive an Educational Travel Allowance (under 23 years of age), as set forth in DSSR 280, if that child were to undertake study at a school away from post
Except that in all cases, the applicant must be at least 16 years of age prior to beginning employment at post.
- Student Status: Must be a full-time or part-time student currently enrolled in a course of study at a high school, college, university, or other educational institution, including on-line. Upon request, applicants must be able to present documentation confirming their student status. Student status does not cease during the break between school years if the break does not exceed twelve (12) months and if the applicant can produce documentation of enrollment for a course of study at a high school, college, university, or other educational institution, including on-line, which will begin immediately after the
- A U.S. government employee is not receiving a Voluntary or Involuntary Separate Maintenance Allowance (VSMA/ISMA) to assist with expenses for the applicant.
NOTE: Under the OSHP, employees are only eligible to work at the U.S. mission abroad where their sponsoring employee is assigned (not TDY).
Compensation: Except as noted below OSHP employees must be compensated at an hourly rate which is not less than the U.S. federal minimum wage. This equates to FP- EE on the Foreign Service Extended Pay Schedule (FSEPS). Compensation for OSHP employees who are non-U.S. citizens and who do not have a U.S. Social Security Number will be determined by HR/OE. Please contact HR-OE- EFMTeam@state.gov for further information.
Benefits: OSHP employees do not accrue and are not eligible for annual leave, sick leave, holiday pay, or danger pay. OSHP employees are not eligible for incentive awards; however, post may offer a certificate of appreciation, if appropriate.
Volunteer/unpaid service under the OSHP is not allowed.
Available Employment Opportunities for OSHP
OSHP assignments will be made once applicants have received a non-sensitive security clearance. U.S. Embassy Bangkok Human Resources will notify applicants when the clearance has been granted and at that time position assignments will be discussed.
HOW TO APPLY: Please read the instructions carefully. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
CHECK LIST FOR APPLICATION PACKAGE:
- DS-174 Standard Application form
- Proof of Student Status:
- Proof of enrollment is not required for those who currently study in Thailand and are supported by the Department of State for tuition fee. Please include which school you attend on the application.
- Proof of enrollment in an educational program. We will accept a transcript, a letter from the current educational institution, or a current copy of school identification card.
- Proof of registration to re-enroll in the immediate upcoming regular school term or letter of acceptance for the upcoming academic year at an educational institution/organization. (*If acceptance is pending at time of application, please inform HR. Your application will be accepted, but you must submit proof of enrollment before participating in the OSHP program.)
- Assignment order of sponsoring employee to U.S. Mission Thailand.
- Recommended but optional – cover letter
- Download and save the DS-174 form before typing your information (do not hand write). The form is found at https://th.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulate/jobs/job-vacancies/.
- The application form can be saved and submitted without signature. You can type your name in the signature box.
- Attach all required documents listed on the checklist above and submit via email to email@example.com by Friday, February 12, 2021.
- In the email subject line, please type OSHP – full name; i.e., OSHP – James Doe.
- Include your date of birth and city/state/country of birth in the email. This is needed along with your full social security number in order to initiate the security clearance. You can send this information in separate emails for security purposes or call John Gambardella at (66)(2) 205-4498.
- Documents should be in Adobe Acrobat PDF format. Do not submit documents in zip file, or via web links or cloud storage, e.g., Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.
- Security Clearance instructions will be sent to all applicants by February 19, 2021.
Any questions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.