For Thai national students who are interested in the Internship Program at the U.S. Mission in Thailand, please read the following information.
Guidelines for the Foreign National Student (Thai) Internship Program (FNSIP)
The Foreign National Student Intern Program is designed for students who are non-U.S. citizens seeking internships with U.S. Missions abroad. The program benefits both posts and students by providing the foreign national students with valuable educational experience in U.S. Missions and by assisting posts in accomplishing their mission goals.
There are no benefits attached to the internship and no compensation, nor any future employment rights. However, students will gain valuable educational experience within U.S. Mission Thailand.
All selected interns are required to obtain Medical and Security Clearances.
- The U.S. Embassy in Bangkok compound and associated buildings
- The Consulate General Chiang Mai
- The International Broadcast Bureau/Udorn Thani
- Other agencies within the U.S. Mission Thailand
- Be a Thai citizen;
- Be a full-time student at an accredited university located in Thailand;
- Be a third or fourth years undergraduate student by the time of application submission;
- Be at least 18 years old;
- Have a GPA of 2.80 or higher;
- Possess good working knowledge of English; and
- Complete medical and security clearances (after selected).
January 16th – February 15th, 2018.
Length of the program
June 4th – August 3th, 2018.
Open positions and Application form:
- Application form (PDF 1MB)
- Bangkok and Nonthaburi positions (PDF 382KB)
- Chiang Mai positions (PDF 382KB)
- The International Broadcast Bureau/Ayutthaya and Udorn Thani (PDF 382KB)
Applications will not be considered without the following documents:
- Application Form (PDF 1MB)
- Verification letter of student status from university
- Thai ID card
*Please use Windows OS when filling out Application form*
**Please send all documents in PDF Format Only**
***Please note that the above vacancies are unpaid jobs***
****There will be no housing or other allowances provided for students from other provinces. ****
- Submit FNSIP application package only by e-mail through BangkokHROC@state.gov
- On the subject line, type full name and position numbers; e.g.,
Worawan Wimolsakulchai – 01, 02, 03.
- If you encounter any problems in submitting your application, please contact the Regional Human Resources Office at (02) 205-4570 Monday to Friday from 07:00 to 16:00, excluding official and public holidays.
- Only short listed candidates who are selected for an interview will be notified.
Failure to follow the instructions will invalidate your application.
For U.S. citizen students, who are interested in applying for a student internship with the Department of State working in a foreign affairs environment, please refer to the information at: https://careers.state.gov/intern