SEEKING: A service-oriented individual to work as a Household Manager/ Butler in the large private residence of an English-speaking foreign representative:
Incumbent of this position supervises a staff of four Household Assistants and two Chefs and works with the Residence Manager.
- Ensures the efficient day-to-day functioning of the representative’s household.
- Manages the household by assigning tasks to staff, monitoring their work performance, preparing work schedules, and taking a proactive approach through implementing procedures to support the household and representational functions.
- Conducts regular training and briefings with staff to ensure they are skilled in providing services such as food and beverage to the representatives and their guests.
- Works closely with the Residence Manager and Protocol Staff to assist with and support planning and organizing official representational events.
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining and purchasing adequate supplies, both official and personal, for the representative’s household. Submit costs of expenditure to the Residence Manager.
- Responsible for ensuring that items in the household are in good order and stored correctly; and worn or damaged household items are reported for replacement or repair, by inspecting household equipment and rooms on a regular basis and reporting actual and probable maintenance issues through completing work request documents.
- Monitors the Official Residence Employee (ORE) household expenditures and submits invoices of purchases and periodic reports to the Residence Manager. Submits ORE staff timesheets bi-weekly.
- Supports to the Residence Manager and acts in this role during times of the Residence Manager’s absence.
- Performs Household Assistant duties as required and other tasks as assigned by the representative or the Residence Manager.
- Possess good English communication skills. Thai language ability a plus.
- Must be able to work legally in Thailand.
- Must be comfortable dealing with high profile guests and Thai and foreign dignitaries. Must be diplomatic and discreet.
- Has recent and relevant work experience and skills requiring similar duties as described above; experience in the hospitality industry (food and beverage service, banqueting) or in a private residence would be beneficial.Skilled in basic preparation of mixed drinks a plus.
- Experience in event preparation, including supervising outside catering staff a plus.
- Experience in supervising housekeeping and food and beverage staff.
- Ability to manage and work as a team.
- Ability to understand complex instructions.
- Must be flexible.
The successful candidate will be required to work in a secure and structured work environment. It is essential to undergo a security and medical clearance before commencing work.
- Salary between 80,000 and 90,000 baht per month depending on/ and negotiable based upon relevant skills and experience.
- Hours of work: 6 day work week, 8 hour shifts (total 48 hours per week).
- Medical insurance is provided.
- 13 days paid annual leave per year.
- Single rent-free accommodation can be requested.
Only those applicants with relevant qualifications will be considered.
Interested candidates are required to send applications in English, to include a recent resume with contact details of referees by January 20, 2017.
Fax: 02 205 4928