For 2021 Thai national students who are interested in the Internship Program at the U.S. Mission in Thailand, please read the following information.
Guidelines for the Foreign National Student (Thai) Internship Program (FNSIP)
The Foreign National Student Intern Program is designed for students who are non-U.S. citizens seeking internships with U.S. Missions abroad. The program benefits both posts and students by providing the foreign national students with valuable educational experience in U.S. Missions and by assisting posts in accomplishing their mission goals.
There are no benefits attached to the internship and no compensation, nor any future employment rights. However, students will gain valuable educational experience within U.S. Mission Thailand. As an unpaid intern, you will not be an official employee of the U.S. Government or entitled to payment for service.
American students interested in internships with the Department of State working in a foreign affairs environment, should apply to the program at https://careers.state.gov/intern
- The U.S. Embassy in Bangkok compound and associated buildings
- The Consulate General Chiang Mai
- Other agencies within the U.S. Mission Thailand
- Be a Thai citizen
- Be a full-time third or fourth year undergraduate student at an accredited university located in Thailand, with at least one semester remaining before graduation/certification
- Minimum 2.80 GPA
- Have a good working knowledge of English
- Successfully pass security clearance (after selection)
Applications submission are no later than January 22, 2021.
Length of the program
- June 7th – July 30th, 2021.
Application form and location of available positions:
- Application form (PDF 1,008KB)
- Bangkok and Nonthaburi positions (PDF 405KB)
- Chiang Mai positions (PDF 405KB)
Application will not be considered without the following documents:
- Application Form
- Verification letter of student status from university
- Thai ID card
*Please use Windows OS when filling out Application form*
**Please send all documents in PDF format Only**
***Supporting documents on any Cloud Storage Provider (e.g. Google drive, Onedrive, Dropbox) are not acceptable***
There will be no housing or other allowances provided for students from other provinces.
- Submit FNSIP application package only by e-mail through BangkokHROC@state.gov
- Students must identify the position number with the official title of the position they are applying for on their applications.
- On the e-mail subject, type full name and position number; e.g.,
- Worawan Wimolsakul – 22, 01, 16
- If you encounter any problems in submitting your application, please contact the Regional Human Resources Office at (02) 205-4570 Monday to Friday from 07:00 to 16:00, excluding official and public holidays.
- Only short listed candidates who are selected for an interview will be notified.
Failure to follow the instructions will invalidate your application.