Young Southeast Asian Leaders Initiative (YSEALI)
To nurture a regional network and strengthen leadership skills among ASEAN youth, the United States Government is pleased to invite Thai youth who are between the ages of 18-35 to register as members and be part of the Young Southeast Asian Leaders Initiative (YSEALI). As an YSEALI member, you will be eligible to apply for the YSEALI Seeds for the Future (grants competition). To register and see more details about submission, please go to the YSEALI website https://asean.usmission.gov/yseali/.
What is YSEALI?
Launched in 2013, the Young Southeast Asian Leaders Initiative (YSEALI) is the U.S. government’s signature program to strengthen leadership development and networking in Southeast Asia. Through a variety of programs and engagements, including U.S. educational and cultural exchanges, regional exchanges, and seed funding, YSEALI seeks to build the leadership capabilities of youth in the region, strengthen ties between the United States and Southeast Asia, and nurture an ASEAN community. YSEALI focuses on critical topics identified by youth in the region: civic engagement, environment and natural resources management, and entrepreneurship and economic development.
The United States is proud to support the Young Southeast Asian Leaders Initiative, because we believe that young people are instrumental in plotting the course of Southeast Asia’s future. Approximately 65% of people in the ASEAN region are under the age of 35. Youth are innovative, creative, and eager to contribute their ideas and energy to improve not only their own lives, but the lives of others in their communities. Together, we can make a difference.
Join YSEALI and enjoy these benefits:
- YSEALI Seeds for the Future awards funding for your public service projects.
- YSEALI Generation Workshops provide hands-on training and peer networking to give you the necessary tools to take on leadership roles.
- YSEALI Fellows invite students, young professionals, and mid-career community organizers to the United States to deepen their knowledge about regional issues and share their experiences.
- YSEALI Social Media and youth-to-youth outreach campaigns link U.S. embassies, young leaders, and communities together to collaborate and respond collectively to shared ASEAN challenges. YSEALI’s Facebook page and Twitter allow you to find out more about YSEALI and connect with other YSEALI members outside of your community and country.
- Other Benefits include interacting with top U.S. leaders. Past YSEALI members have met ambassadors, the U.S. Secretary of State, and even the President of the United States.
Become a YSEALI member on our website https://asean.usmission.gov/yseali/. It’s simple. Members must:
- Be between 18 – 35 years of age,
- Be a citizen and resident of an ASEAN country, and
- Be interested in working on economic development, environmental protection, education, or civic engagement.
Facebook (YSEALI Thailand Page) – www.facebook.com/thai.iea