***To receive updates of specific times and locations of any of our upcoming outreaches, please register with the SmartTraveler Enrollment Program (STEP) (http://step.state.gov/step). STEP is a free service of the U.S. Department of State Bureau of Consular Affairs that allows U.S. citizens traveling and living abroad to enroll with the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate in order to receive important information.***
The Consular Section of the U.S. Embassy in Bangkok is pleased to provide services in Phuket.
Date: Wednesday, November 15, 2017
Time: 8:00AM to 11:00AM
Venue: Millennium Hotel, Patong
Address: 199 Rat-Uthit 200 Pee Road, Kathu, Patong, Phuket 83150, Thailand
Hotel phone: (66)(76) 601 998
All payments at U.S. Embassy Outreach Events must be made in the form of a BANK DRAFT.
SERVICES OFFERED AND OFFICIAL EXCHANGE RATES ON NOVEMBER 15, 2017
- 3,850 THB-Renewal of adult passports
- 3,675 THB- Renewal of minor (under age 16) passports
- 4,725 THB- Renewal of first adult passports
- 4,725 THB- Replacement of adult lost/stolen passports
- 3,675 THB- Replacement of minor (under age 16) lost/stolen passports
- 1,050 THB –Adult passport card
- 525 THB –Minor passport card
- 1,750 THB (per notary stamp) –Notary– including income affidavits
Above fees are based on an exchange rate of 35 THB to 1 USD
PLEASE NOTE: You must bring copies of your passport bio data page and supplementary documents requested with the application per the online instructions. These copies will not be returned to you.
IMPORTANT: For applications on behalf of minors, the child and both parents must appear in person.
Please be advised the U.S. embassy will no longer accept cash (U.S. Dollars and Thai Baht) at Outreach Events for American Citizen Services. This is a worldwide policy, and no exceptions can be considered, please see the No Cash Announcement.
All Bank Drafts must be:
- Purchased from Bangkok Bank, Kasikorn Bank, or Siam Commercial Bank(SCB).
- You do not need an account at the bank to purchase a bank draft.
- Kasikorn Bank calls a “bank draft” a “Bill of Exchange.”
- PURCHASED IN ADVANCE.
- Made out to “American Embassy Bangkok”
- In the exact amount of Thai Baht (THB) for your total service.
- At the official embassy exchange rate at the time of the outreach.
- Submitted at the time of service.
- You can show this to the bank:
“American Embassy Bangkok”
Delivery Service: Thai Post can mail back passports for applicants. If you require this service, you must purchase and submit a separate 100 THB bank draft. Do not include the cost of the envelope in your total bank draft for services.
- Cashiers’ checks, personal checks, cash, credit or any other form of payment will not be accepted.
- Bank Draft requirement only applies to Consular Outreach Events and Passports-by-Mail. Services rendered during normal business hours at the U.S. Embassy in Bangkok or the Consulate in Chiang Mai will continue to accept payments made by credit card or cash (THB or USD) exclusively.
RETURN OF PASSPORT
There are two ways to receive your new passport:
1.) IN PERSON: Come to our office in Bangkok (or send a representative with a signed letter to pick up your passport on your behalf) during our appointment hours (M-F from 7:30-11 AM, except holidays and the last Friday of every month), but no appointment is necessary. Present your old passport for cancellation and collect your new passport. If you select this option, please submit a copy of your current passport when you apply.
2.) BY MAIL: Purchase a prepaid Thai Post envelope at the outreach for 100 THB (SEPARATE BANK DRAFT IS REQUIRED). Do not include the cost of the envelope in your total bank draft for services.
If you select this option, our staff will RETAIN your current passport in Bangkok, cancel it when the new passport arrives, and mail both passports to you at the same time.
CONSULAR REPORTS OF BIRTH ABROAD CANNOT BE PROCESSED AT CONSULAR OUTREACH EVENTS.
Starting on October 1, 2017, all beneficiaries and applicants living in Thailand must direct all questions regarding Social Security to SSA Federal Benefits Unit (FBU) in U.S. Embassy in Manila, Philippines at FBU.email@example.com. Please visit http://www.ssa.gov for more Social Security information.
For other outreach dates and locations please see https://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/consular-outreach/.
To receive updates of specific times and locations of any of our upcoming outreaches, which will be released two weeks to 10 days before the event, please encourage others to register with the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) (https://step.state.gov/step/). STEP is a free service of the U.S. Department of State Bureau of Consular Affairs that allows U.S. citizens traveling and living abroad to enroll with the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate in order to receive important information.
For information on US Citizen Services please see https://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/.
Send questions about total costs to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02-205-4049.
Follow us on Twitter by searching our username @ACSBKK