The Consular Section of the U.S. Embassy in Bangkok is pleased to provide services in Phuket.
Date: Thursday, July 27, 2017
Time: 8:00AM to 11:00AM
Venue: Millennium Hotel, Phuket
Address: 199 Rat-Uthit 200 Pee Road, Kathu, Patong, Phuket 83150, Thailand
Hotel phone: (66)(76) 601 998
Services will be provided on a first-come, first-served basis; no appointment is necessary.
All payments at U.S. Embassy Outreach Events must be made in the form of a BANK DRAFT.
SERVICES OFFERED AND OFFICIAL EXCHANGE RATES ON JULY 14, 2017
- 3,850 THB – Renewal of adult passports
- 3,675 THB – Renewal of minor (under age 16) passports
- 4,725 THB – Replacement of adult lost/stolen passports
- 3,675 THB – Replacement of minor (under age 16) lost/stolen passports
- 1,050 THB – Adult passport card
- 525 THB – Minor passport card
- 1,750 THB (per notary stamp) – Notary – including income affidavits
Above fees are based on an exchange rate of 35 THB to 1 USD
PLEASE NOTE: You must bring copies of your passport bio data page and supplementary documents requested with the application per the online instructions. These copies will not be returned to you.
IMPORTANT: For applications on behalf of minors, the child and both parents must appear in person.
Please be advised the U.S. embassy will not accept cash (U.S. Dollars and Thai Baht) at outreach events for American Citizen Services. This is a worldwide policy, and no exceptions can be considered, please see the No Cash Announcement.
All Bank Drafts must be:
- Purchased in advance from Bangkok Bank, Kasikorn Bank, or Siam Commercial Bank(SCB).
- You do not need an account at the bank to purchase a bank draft.
- Kasikorn Bank calls a “bank draft” a “Bill of Exchange.”
- Made out to “American Embassy Bangkok”
- In the exact amount of Thai Baht (THB) for your total service.
- At the official embassy exchange rate at the time of the outreach.
- Submitted at the time of service.
- Cashiers’ checks, personal checks, cash, credit or any other form of payment will not be accepted
- Bank Draft requirement only applies to Consular Outreach Events.
You can show this to the bank:
“American Embassy Bangkok”
RETURN OF PASSPORT
There are two ways to receive your new passport:
1.) IN PERSON: Come to our office in Bangkok (or send a representative with a signed letter to pick up your passport on your behalf) during our appointment hours (M-F from 7:30-11 AM, except holidays and the last Friday of every month), but no appointment is necessary. Present your old passport for cancellation and collect your new passport. If you select this option, please submit a copy of your current passport when you apply.
2.) BY MAIL: Purchase a prepaid Thai Post envelope at the outreach for 100 THB (SEPARATE BANK DRAFT IS REQUIRED). Do not include the cost of the envelope in your total bank draft for services.
If you select this option, our staff will RETAIN your current passport in Bangkok, cancel it when the new passport arrives, and mail both passports to you at the same time.
NEARBY PARTICIPATING BANKS
22 Phang Nga Rd,
Muang, Phuket 83000
Phone: 076 211292-5
Siam Commercial Bank (SCB)
83 Rat-Uthit 200 Year Rd,
Patong, Kathu, Phuket
14 Phang Nga Rd, Talad Yai,
Muang, Phuket 83000
Phone: 076 211558
You may use any branch of the three participating banks. The above branches are suggested since they are near the venue.
SOCIAL SECURITY, VETERANS AFFAIRS, AND OTHER FEDERAL BENEFITS QUESTIONS WILL ONLY BE ANSWERED OVER EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org. CONSULAR REPORTS OF BIRTH ABROAD CANNOT BE PROCESSED AT CONSULAR OUTREACH EVENTS.
For other outreach dates and locations please see https://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/consular-outreach/
For information on US Citizen Services please see https://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/
Follow us on Twitter by searching our username @ACSBKK