The Consular Section of the U.S. Embassy in Bangkok is pleased to hold a Town Hall and provide services in Phuket on Wednesday, 14 March 2018.
Date: 14 March 2018
Time: 11:30am-12:00pm Town Hall 12:00pm – 3:00pm Passport/Notary Services *Please note the new time*
Venue: Millennium Resort Patong Phuket
Address: 199 Rat-U-Thit 200 Pee Road, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150
Hotel phone: (66) 7 660 1999
Further details regarding this event will be sent by email to all Americans registered in the STEP program (http://step.state.gov/step). We recommend that all U.S. visitors and residents in Thailand register to receive updates and information from the U.S Embassy.
American Citizens are invited to join U.S. Embassy Bangkok’s Consul General Timothy Scherer for a Town Hall meeting before the start of the outreach event. To participate, please be seated at 11:30 a.m. for introductory remarks and an update on consular services available to U.S. citizens through the U.S. Embassy. The Consul General will conduct a brief question-and-answer session and be available for limited individual questions during the first part of the outreach event.
No appointment necessary, services are provided on a first come – first serve basis.
To expedite your service, please arrive with your documents filled-out completely, correctly, and NOT signed. Documents, forms and applications can be accessed by clicking on any of the below listed links.
SERVICES OFFERED AND OFFICIAL EXCHANGE RATES ON 14 MARCH 2018
- 3,740 THB- Renewal of adult passports
- 3,570 THB- Renewal of minor (under age 16) passports
- 4,590 THB- Renewal of first adult passports
- 4,590 THB- Replacement of adult lost/stolen passports
- 3,570 THB- Replacement of minor (under age 16) lost/stolen passports
- 1,020 THB- Adult passport card
- 510 THB- Minor passport card
- 1,700 THB (per notary stamp) – Notary– including Income Affidavits
Above fees are based on an exchange rate of 34 THB to 1 USD
PLEASE NOTE: You must bring copies of your passport bio data page and supplementary documents requested with the application per the online instructions. These copies will not be returned to you.
IMPORTANT: For applications on behalf of minors, the child and both parents must appear in person.
Please be advised the U.S. embassy will no longer accept cash (U.S. Dollars and Thai Baht) at Outreach Events for American Citizen Services. This is a worldwide policy, and no exceptions can be considered, please see the No Cash Announcement.
All payments at U.S. Embassy Outreach Events must be made in the form of a BANK DRAFT.
All Bank Drafts must be:
- Purchased from Bangkok Bank, Kasikorn Bank, or Siam Commercial Bank (SCB).
- You do not need an account at the bank to purchase a bank draft.
- Kasikorn Bank calls a “bank draft” a “Bill of Exchange.”
- Drafts from banks other than those listed above cannot be accepted
- Purchased in advance.
- Made out to “American Embassy Bangkok” (Incorrect or misspelled bank drafts cannot be accepted)
- In the exact amount of Thai Baht (THB) for your total service.
- At the official embassy exchange rate at the time of the outreach.
- Fees and exchange rates are included in individual outreach announcements and posted on our website.
- Submitted at the time of service.
- You can show below information to the bank:
“American Embassy Bangkok”
Delivery Service: Thai Post can mail back passports for applicants. If you require this service, you must purchase and submit a separate 100 THB bank draft. Do not include the cost of the envelope in your total bank draft for services.
- Cashiers’ checks, personal checks, cash, credit or any other form of payment will not be accepted.
- Bank Draft requirement only applies to Consular Outreach Events. Services rendered during normal business hours at the U.S. Embassy in Bangkok or the Consulate in Chiang Mai will continue to accept payments made by credit card or cash (THB or USD).
RETURN OF PASSPORT
There are two ways to receive your new passport:
1.) IN PERSON: Come to our office in Bangkok (or send a representative with a signed letter to pick-up your passport on your behalf) during our appointment hours (M-F from 7:30-11 AM, except holidays and the last Wednesday of each month), but no appointment is necessary. Present your old passport for cancellation and collect your new passport. If you select this option, please submit a copy of your current passport when you apply.
2.) BY MAIL: Purchase a prepaid Thai Post envelope at the outreach event for 100 THB (SEPARATE BANK DRAFT IS REQUIRED). Do not include the cost of the envelope in your total bank draft for services.
If you select this option, our staff will RETAIN your current passport in Bangkok, cancel it when the new passport arrives, and mail both passports to you at the same time.
NEARBY PARTICIPATING BANKS:
147 Thanon Ratuthit Songroipi Rd
Tambon Patong, Amphoe Kathu
Chang Wat, Phuket 83150
Siam Commercial Bank (SCB)
Jungceylon Shopping Center
Patong Beach, Phuket 83150
Thanon Ratuthit Songroipi Rd
Tambon Patong, Amphoe Kathu
Chang Wat, Phuket 83150
You may use any branch of the three participating banks. The above branches are suggested since they are near the venue.
CONSULAR REPORTS OF BIRTH ABROAD AND AUTHENTICATION OF SIGNATURE SERVICES CANNOT BE PROCESSED AT CONSULAR OUTREACH EVENTS.
Starting on October 1, 2017, all beneficiaries and applicants living in Thailand must direct all questions regarding Social Security to SSA Federal Benefits Unit (FBU) in U.S. Embassy in Manila, Philippines at FBU.firstname.lastname@example.org. Please visit http://www.ssa.gov for more Social Security information.
For other outreach dates and locations please see https://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/consular-outreach/
For information on US Citizen Services please see https://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/
For questions please email email@example.com
Follow us on Twitter by searching our username @ACSBKK