The Consular Section of the U.S. Embassy in Bangkok is pleased to provide services in Pattaya
Date: Friday, March 3, 2017
Time: 10:00 AM – NOON at the:
Venue: Amari Garden Pattaya
Address: 240 Pattaya-Naklua Road, Pattaya, 20150
Hotel phone: Tel. +66 (0) 3841 8418 Fax. +66 (0) 3842 8165 http://www.amari.com/garden-pattaya/
Services will be provided on a first-come, first-served basis; no appointment is necessary.
Please be advised the U.S. embassy will no longer accept cash (U.S. Dollars and Thai Baht) at Outreach Events for American Citizen Services. This is a worldwide policy, and no exceptions can be considered, please see the No Cash Announcement.
All payments at U.S. Embassy Outreach Events must be made in the form of a BANK DRAFT.
All Bank Drafts must be:
- Purchased from Bangkok Bank, Kasikorn Bank, or Siam Commercial Bank(SCB).
- You do not need an account at the bank to purchase a bank draft.
- Kasikorn Bank calls a “bank draft” a “Bill of Exchange.”
- Purchased in advance.
- Made out to “American Embassy Bangkok”
- In the exact amount of Thai Baht (THB) for your total service.
- At the official embassy exchange rate at the time of the outreach.
- Fees and exchange rates will be included in individual outreach announcements and posted on our website.
- Submitted at the time of service.
- You can show this to the bank:
“American Embassy Bangkok”
Delivery Service: Thai Post can mail back passports for applicants. If you require this service, you must purchase and submit a separate 100 THB bank draft. Do not include the cost of the envelope in your total bank draft for services.
- Cashiers’ checks, personal checks, cash, credit or any other form of payment will not be accepted.
- Bank Draft requirement only applies to Consular Outreach Events. Services rendered during normal business hours at the U.S. Embassy in Bangkok or the Consulate in Chiang Mai will continue to accept payments made by credit card or cash (THB or USD) exclusively.
SERVICES OFFERED AND OFFICIAL EXCHANGE RATES ON MARCH 3, 2017
- 3,960 THB-Renewal of adult passports
- 3,780 THB- Renewal of minor (under age 16) passports
- 4,860 THB- Replacement of adult lost/stolen passports
- 3,780 THB- Replacement of minor (under age 16) lost/stolen passports
- 1,080 THB –Adult passport card
- 540 THB –Minor passport card
- 1,800 THB –Notary (per notary stamp)
Above fees are based on an exchange rate of 36 THB to 1 USD
PLEASE NOTE: You must bring copies of your passport bio data page and supplementary documents requested with the application per the online instructions. These copies will not be returned to you. IMPORTANT: For applications on behalf of minors, the child and both parents must appear in person.
RETURN OF PASSPORT
There are two ways to receive your new passport:
1.) IN PERSON: Come to our office in Bangkok (or send a representative with a signed letter to pick up your passport on your behalf) during our appointment hours (M-F from 7:30-11 AM, except holidays and the last Friday of every month), but no appointment is necessary. Present your old passport for cancellation and collect your new passport. If you select this option, please submit a copy of your current passport when you apply.
2.) BY MAIL: Purchase a prepaid Thai Post envelope at the outreach for 100 THB (SEPARATE BANK DRAFT IS REQUIRED). Do not include the cost of the envelope in your total bank draft for services.
If you select this option, our staff will RETAIN your current passport in Bangkok, cancel it when the new passport arrives, and mail both passports to you at the same time.
NEARBY PARTICIPATING BANKS
North Pattaya Branch
212/1-3 Moo5 Naklua
Siam Commercial Bank (SCB)
Nong Phrue Sub District
Pattaya –Naklua Branch
157/140-141 Moo 5
Nong Pru Bang Lamung
You may use any branch of the three participating banks. The above branches are suggested since they are near the venue.
SOCIAL SECURITY, VETERANS AFFAIRS, AND OTHER FEDERAL BENEFITS QUESTIONS WILL ONLY BE ANSWERED OVER EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org. CONSULAR REPORTS OF BIRTH ABROAD CANNOT BE PROCESSED AT CONSULAR OUTREACH EVENTS.
For other outreach dates and locations please see https://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/consular-outreach/
For information on US Citizen Services please seehttps://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/
Send questions about total costs to email@example.com or call 02-205-4049.
Follow us on Twitter by searching our username @ACSBKK