The Consular Section of the U.S. Consulate General, Chiang Mai is pleased to provide services in Chiang Rai.
Date: Friday, September 8, 2017
Time: 8:30AM to 11:30AM
Venue: Le Meridien Chiang Rai Resort
Address: 221/2 M. 20, Kwaewai Rd., T. Robwieng, A. Muang, Chiang Rai, 57000, Thailand
Hotel phone: +66 (53) 603 333
Services will be provided on a first-come, first-served basis; no appointment is necessary.
All payments at U.S. Consulate Outreach Events must be made in the form of a BANK DRAFT.
Bank Draft requirement only applies to Consular Outreach Events. Services rendered during normal business hours at the U.S. Embassy in Bangkok or the Consulate General in Chiang Mai will continue to accept payments made by credit card or cash (THB or USD) exclusively.
SERVICES OFFERED AND OFFICIAL EXCHANGE RATES ON August 28, 2017
- 3,850 THB – Renewal of adult passports
- 3,675 THB – Renewal of minor (under age 16) passports
- 4,725 THB – Replacement of adult lost/stolen passports
- 3,675 THB – Replacement of minor (under age 16) lost/stolen passports
- 1,050 THB – Adult passport card
- 525 THB – Minor passport card
- 1,750 THB (per notary stamp) – Notary – including income affidavits
Above fees are based on an exchange rate of 35 THB to 1 USD
PLEASE NOTE: You must bring copies of your passport bio data page and supplementary documents requested with the application per the online instructions. These copies will not be returned to you.
IMPORTANT: For applications on behalf of minors, the child and both parents must appear in person.
Please be advised the U.S. Consulate will not accept cash (U.S. Dollars and Thai Baht) at outreach events for American Citizen Services. This is a worldwide policy, and no exceptions can be considered
All Bank Drafts must be:
- Purchased in advance from Bangkok Bank, Kasikorn Bank, or Siam Commercial Bank (SCB).
- You do not need an account at the bank to purchase a bank draft.
- Kasikorn Bank calls a “bank draft” a “Bill of Exchange.”
- Made out to “American Embassy Bangkok”
- In the exact amount of Thai Baht (THB) for your total service.
- At the official embassy exchange rate at the time of the outreach.
- Submitted at the time of service.
- Cashiers’ checks, personal checks, cash, credit or any other form of payment will not be accepted.
- Bank Draft requirement only applies to Consular Outreach Events.
You can show this Thai written instruction to the bank:
“American Embassy Bangkok”
RETURN OF PASSPORT
There are two ways to receive your new passport:
1.) IN PERSON: Come to the U.S. Consulate in Chiang Mai (or send a representative with a signed letter to pick up your passport on your behalf) during our appointment hours (Tuesday-Thursday from 1:30-3:30 PM, except Thai and U.S. public holidays), but no appointment is necessary. Present your old passport for cancellation and collect your new passport. If you select this option, please submit a copy of your current passport when you apply.
2.) BY MAIL: Purchase a prepaid Thai Post envelope at the outreach for 100 THB (SEPARATE BANK DRAFT IS REQUIRED). Do not include the cost of the envelope in your total bank draft for services.
If you select this option, our staff will RETAIN your current passport in Chiang Mai, cancel it when the new passport arrives, and mail both passports to you at the same time.
NEARBY PARTICIPATING BANKS
Bangkok Bank (Ha Yaek Phokun Mengrai branch)
866/18 Highway 1, T. Robwiang
A.Muang, Chiang Rai 57000
Kasikorn Bank (Ha Yaek Phokun Mengrai branch)
833/1 Phahonyothin Rd., T. Wiang,
A. Muang, Chiang Rai 57000
Siam Commercial Bank (Chiang Rai branch)
573 Rattana Rd., T. Wiang,
A. Muang, Chiang Rai 57000
You may use any branch of the three participating banks. The above branches are suggested since they are near the venue.
SOCIAL SECURITY, VETERANS AFFAIRS, AND OTHER FEDERAL BENEFITS QUESTIONS WILL ONLY BE ANSWERED BY EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org. CONSULAR REPORTS OF BIRTH ABROAD CANNOT BE PROCESSED AT CONSULAR OUTREACH EVENTS.
For other outreach dates and locations please see https://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/consular-outreach/
For information on U.S. Citizen Services please see https://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/
Email related inquiries/concerns to email@example.com or call 053-107-777.
Follow us on Facebook: U.S. Consulate General Chiang Mai Thailand
We look forward to seeing you during our visit.