The Consular Section of the U.S. Consulate in Chiang Mai is pleased to provide services in Chiang Rai on Friday, July 22, 2016 from 8:30 AM – 11:30 AM at:
Le Méridien Chiang Rai
221 / 2 Moo 20 Kwaewai Rd, Tambon Robwieng, Amphur Muang, Chiang Rai
Phone: +66 53 603 333
Services will be provided on a first-come, first-served basis; no appointment necessary. The following consular services will be available during our outreach visit:
- PASSPORT SERVICES: Please complete and print your passport application online here: https://pptform.state.gov/. Also, please make a copy of your passport photo and signature pages in advance to avoid paying extra at the hotel front office for a copy.
- Renewal of adult passports($110 / 3,960 THB – exact change required)
- Renewal of minor (under age 16) passports($105 / 3,780 THB – exact change required) – IMPORTANT: The child and both parents must appear in person.
- Replacement of adult lost/stolen passports($135 / 4,860 THB – exact change required)
- Replacement of minor (under age 16) lost/stolen passports($105 / 3,780 THB – exact change required) – IMPORTANT: The child and both parents must appear in person.
PLEASE NOTE: You must bring copies of your passport photo and supplementary documents requested with the application. These copies will not be returned to you.
IMPORTANT: How to receive your new passport?
IN PERSON: Come to our office in Chiang Mai (or send a representative on your behalf) during our U.S. Citizen Services hours (Tue and Thu from 1:30-3:30 PM), except holidays. No appointment is necessary. Present your old passport for cancelation and collect your new passport.
- NOTARIAL SERVICES: ($50 / 1,800 THB – exact change required)
- Income Affidavits (PDF 24 KB)
- Marriage Affidavits (PDF 42 KB)
- Thai Driver’s License Affidavit (PDF 73 KB)
- More forms for most common notary services can be found online here: https://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/local-resources-of-u-s-citizens/notaries-public/
- SOCIAL SECURITY, VETERANS AFFAIRS, AND OTHER FEDERAL BENEFITS QUESTIONS WILL BE NOTED AND FORWARDED TO THE APPROPRIATE AGENCY.
CONSULAR REPORTS OF BIRTH ABROAD CANNOT BE PROCESSED AT CONSULAR OUTREACH EVENTS.
Please see https://th.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulate/chiang-mai/ for more information. Send questions to ACSCHN@state.gov. Voting information can be found at www.FVAP.gov.