The Consular Section of the U.S. Consulate General in Chiang Mai is pleased to provide services in Chiang Rai
Date: March 10, 2017
Time: 8:30 – 11:30 AM
Venue: LE MÉRIDIEN CHIANG RAI RESORT
Address: 221/2 Moo 20, Kwaewai Rd., Tambon Robwieng, Amphur Muang, Chiang Rai
Hotel Phone: +66 53 603 333 | Website: www.lemeridienchiangrai.com
Please email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Services will be provided on a first-come, first-served basis; no appointment necessary.
SERVICES PROVIDED AT OUTREACH EVENTS (1USD = 36THB effective 3/1/2017):
- Renewal of adult passport books and cards (3,960 THB for book and 1,080 THB for card)
- Renewal of minor (under age 16) passport books and cards (3,780 THB for book and 540 THB for card)
IMPORTANT: The child and both parents must appear in person.
- Replacement of adult lost/stolen passports or first adult passports (4,860 THB)
- Replacement of minor (under age 16) lost/stolen passports (3,780 THB)
- Notary Services (charges per notary signature) (1,800 THB)
- Social Security, Veterans Affairs and other federal benefits questions will be noted and forwarded to the appropriate agency.
PLEASE NOTE: You must bring copies of your passport bio data page and supplementary documents requested with the application per the online instructions. These copies will not be returned to you.
HOW TO RETRIEVE YOUR NEW U.S. PASSPORT:
IN PERSON: Come to the U.S. Consulate General in Chiang Mai (or send a representative on your behalf) during our U.S. Citizen Service hours (Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1:30 – 3:30 PM), except holidays. No appointment is necessary. Present your old passport for cancelation and collect your new passport.
CONSULAR REPORTS OF BIRTH ABROAD CANNOT BE PROCESSED AT CONSULAR OUTREACH EVENTS.
Please be advised the U.S. consulate will no longer accept cash or credit cards at outreach events for U.S. Citizen Services.
This is a worldwide policy, and no exceptions will be considered.
All future payments at U.S. Embassy Outreach Events must be made in the form of a BANK DRAFT. Please follow the steps below:
- Purchased the bank draft in the exact amount in Thai Baht for the total cost of your service from Bangkok Bank, Kasikorn Bank, or Siam Commercial Bank (SCB).
- The bank draft must be made out to “American Embassy Bangkok.”
- The bank draft must be purchased in advance.
- You do not need an account at the bank to purchase a bank draft.
- Please note: cashiers’ checks, personal checks, cash, credit or any other form of payment will not be accepted.
*This change only applies to Consular Outreach Events. Services rendered during normal business hours at the U.S. Consulate in Chiang Mai will continue to accept payments made by credit card or cash (THB or USD) exclusively.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION. WE LOOK FORWARD TO SERVING YOU IN CHIANG RAI.