The Consular Section of the U.S. Consulate in Chiang Mai is pleased to provide limited U.S. citizen services during our temporary closure (Sep. 12-Oct. 31, 2016) in Chiang Mai on Friday, October 7th, 2016 from 8:30 AM – 11:30 AM and 1:00-2:00 PM at: The River Market Restaurant, Chareon-Phathet Rd., Chiang Mai. http://therivermarket.com/
Services will be provided by appointment only. Appointments can be made at: https://evisaforms.state.gov/acs/default.asp?postcode=CHN&appcode=1.
The following consular services will be available during our outreach visit:
- PASSPORT SERVICES: Please complete and print your passport application online here: https://pptform.state.gov/. Also, please bring a copy of pages two and three of your passport (photo page and signature page).
- Renewal of adult passports ($110 / 3,850 THB – exact change required)
- Renewal of minor (under age 16) passports ($105 / 3,675 THB – exact change required) – IMPORTANT: The child and both parents must appear in person.
- Replacement of adult lost/stolen passports ($135 / 4,725 THB – exact change required)
- Replacement of minor (under age 16) lost/stolen passports ($105 / 3,675 THB – exact change required) – IMPORTANT: The child and both parents must appear in person.
PLEASE NOTE: You must bring copies of pages two and three of your passport and supplementary documents requested with the application. These copies will not be returned to you.
IMPORTANT: We will email you the date, time, and location to pick up your new passport when it is ready.
- NOTARIAL SERVICES: ($50 / 1,750 THB – exact change required)
- Income Affidavits (PDF 24 KB)
- Marriage Affidavits (PDF 42 KB)
- Thai Driver’s License Affidavit (PDF 73 KB)
- Vehicle Registration (PDF 73 KB)
- Additional common notary services can be found online here: https://th.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulate/chiang-mai/u-s-citizenship-services/notary-services-cm/
- SOCIAL SECURITY, VETERANS AFFAIRS, AND OTHER FEDERAL BENEFITS QUESTIONS WILL BE NOTED AND FORWARDED TO THE APPROPRIATE AGENCY.
- VOTING SERVICE: Register and request an absentee ballot in your State of legal residence by completing the Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) available at https://www.fvap.gov. The FPCA along with absentee ballots can be dropped off at this event or at the U.S. Consulate Chiang Mai. Please ensure to affix the correct U.S. postage (if not using a postage paid envelope). More information about voting can be found at https://www.fvap.gov.
NOTE: CONSULAR REPORTS OF BIRTH ABROAD CANNOT BE PROCESSED AT CONSULAR OUTREACH EVENTS. If you need to report the birth of a child abroad beforeNovember 1, 2016 please schedule an appointment at the U.S. Embassy in Bangkok.